Monday, February 23, 2009

For HH...

My knitting and sewing has been sort of lax recently. I have been concentrating on my gardening in between yoga classes and whatever other classes I happen to be taking. I am still working on my green sweater and am starting some socks next week for a Wodehouse knit-a-long. We are reading Uncle Fred in the Springtime.

I designed this dress awhile ago and I have mentioned it before. It is the HH dress. I keep telling her that I will post the sketch for her but I keep not doing it. Here it is:

The collar isn't snug around the neck. it is a little wider and stands a bit away from the neck but not quite a cowl neck. it will be somewhere around knee length and the skirt is a-lined but i am not sure if i will cut it on the grain or on the bias. On the bias will be drapier but the plaid will be on an angle (like the pockets on my school tote)
Here is a better shot of the plaid:

It is similar to a Gordon plaid with an added red stripe.

The fabric actually has a very nice drape because of its rayon content. i haven't started on it yet but i am trying to be better with my time and schedule myself more time to work on sewing and knitting projects. So hopefully more soon and more regularly in the future!

1 comment:

A Homely Heroine said...

Wow, it's gorgeous, very elegant! I absolutely love the plaid too. Can't wait to see developments!

(I would have commented a lot sooner, just got back from a trip to Cornwall, brr!)