Friday, December 4, 2009

getting myself out there

So to help aid my search for the vintage patterns from VoNBBS and some others that I have found that just kill me with their beauty (like this one or the slim skirt I mentioned last week) I set up google alerts. I have mixed feelings about this because even though they are set to "as it happens" I don't really get alerted as it happens because it takes google a few days to search for them. This is particularly not helpful because the alerts I get are very rarely actually relevant to what I am searching for so when they are what I am searching for it is sometimes too late. I think the alerts are helpful when I am too busy to search everyday on my own. That being said I received my first google alert referencing myself!

Google Web Alert for: Advance Pattern 8425 slim skirt 1950's vintage

The Dart and The Hem: my vintage wardrobe...in patterns
I really liked the portrait neckline blouse and the idea of a slim skirt so ... (I am desperately in love with Advance 8425 but haven't any luck finding it ...


it is a perfect example of why i find google alerts not that helpful. I received the alert yesterday sometime and the post is a week old! But it made me happy in a different way (:

Update: Google does it again but this time in a more timely manner! I got this one a few hours after posting:

The Dart and The Hem: getting myself out there
By amy
Google Web Alert for: Advance Pattern 8425 slim skirt 1950's vintage. The Dart and The Hem: my vintage wardrobe...in patterns. I really liked the portrait neckline blouse and the idea of a slim skirt so ... (I am desperately in love ...
The Dart and The Hem - http://dartandhem.blogspot.com/


I think google just likes itself but I am wondering how long I can keep this up :)

No comments: