Saturday, January 9, 2010

something knitty...

I haven't had a knitting related post in awhile. My knitting is in a state of a very steady plateau. I have a core group of a handful of projects that sort of rotate in and out of my hands. This has sort of been the case for the past year or two. Occasionally a new small project will enter the bunch but I have been primarily working on the same few projects with out anything new for awhile. That includes buying yarn. I haven't bought yarn in awhile but I only buy yarn if I have project in mind for it (regardless if I actually make that project with that yarn or even at all.) I have a much larger fabric stash than a yarn stash.
I spent the night at one of my best friend's house a few nights ago and one of the things we did, well started, while her baby was napping was go through her knitting stash. She has a bunch of vintage patterns that she received from her uncle's mother in law. She didn't really know what to do with them because most of the patterns she either didn't like or didn't really think she would ever make. I suggested ebaying them. Keeping or xeroxing the few patterns she liked and selling the rest. Vintage is hot right now. She told me to take ones that I liked and I brought home these two:

I love the girls dress (made in the largest size as a tunic over leggings), the vest, and I am extremely intrigued by the bobble helmet and knee socks in the Blarneyspun booklet. The other booklet has some really wonderful late 50's cardigans as well as several men's patterns.

2 comments:

A Homely Heroine said...

These patterns look good, the models have a very elegant look, and the picture of the girl in the bobble helmet seems quite fresh - like it was taken yesterday for some high-end high street chain like Monsoon or Jigsaw.

A Homely Heroine said...

Just nominated you for an award my friend!